On the Bay Bribie Island, Sunshine Coast
Bribie Island is conveniently located midway between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Located less than an hour from Brisbane’s CBD and just 45 minutes drive north from Brisbane Airport, Bribie Island is perfect for holiday or weekend getaway.
The Island, which is more than 80% pristine National Park, is flanked on the eastern side by more 30km of white sandy surf beach, stretching the length of the Island. On the western side, the sheltered waters of the Pumicestone Passage Marine Park is home to dolphins, dugongs, turtles, pelicans and other waterbirds.
How to get here – from Brisbane
- Follow the Bruce Highway NORTH following the signs to the Sunshine Coast and take the Caboolture / Bribie Island (Exit 152)
- Continue along the Bribie Island Road for approximately 20 minutes until crossing the bridge over the Pumicestone Passage.
- Make a U turn around the roundabout and then exit south on to Welsby Parade which runs alongside the waterfront.
- Continue for approximately 1 km, cross over the small canal bridge and immediately turn left into Dolphin Drive.
- Turn right into the Visitor’s Car Park